Buscar

Páginas

What does Ramadhan mean to you?

August 21. It has been 21 days since the Muslims started fasting. Personally I think Ramadhan this time is a tad special and more meaningful for me. Since I am away from home (and haven't had the chance to break the fast with my family yet) I became more independent in a sense of preparing the food during iftar. LoL. Okay, you might say I should prepare myselft spiritually and be a better person and why on earth am I talking about food? Well, food is important for me. Full stop.

Food in this isolated place (trust me, nobody wants to live here) is quite pricey and don't suit my tastebuds at all. I guess I'm picky because I came from the 'Food Paradise State" which is the best state in Malaysia. Thank you, I know everyone agrees with me. Honestly, I don't mind paying a lot for nasi kerabu for example, if it tasted real good but what I usually got were just over-coloured blue rice and slimy looking solok lada which didn't look tempting at all.

Therefore, sometimes my roommate and I prepared our own food. Besides saving money, we get to eat what we want and we know our food is prepared according to Good Cooking Practice (GCP - I invented it btw).

Anyhow, all I wanted to say is Ramadhan has taught me to become more independent, not only in this matter but others as well but I don't want to list them all cause nanti orang cakap riak la plak. Kidding. Just hoping that everyone will remain as good as they were during Ramadhan. Kenalah istiqamah, yo!

 I managed to ask a few friends on their definitions of Ramadhan and here are the answers :
Dulu : Ramadhan means kena tahan makan , minum. Tahun ni: Ramadhan means bulan yang penuh kemuliaan dan kena banyakkan amal ibadat sunat yang sebelum ni liat nak buat.
 
Ramadhan adalah bulan didikan. Seorang tahfiz dari Palestin pernah cakap mcm ni: Bulan Ramdhan ni kite dilarang membuat benda yang halal: kita dilarang makan, korek idung dsb, maka ini didikan, semoga lepas abis Ramadhan kita boleh tinggalkan benda yang haram.
 
Ramadhan bagi aku ialah bulan ‘aku-jadi-bukan-aku’. Bulan ni la aku baru tergerak nak pergi masjid, kalau tak, ayah aku ajak beserta surat permohonan pon belum tentu aku nak pergi. Bulan ni juga baru ada kekuatan nak mnederma. Bulan ni juga baru rajin nak habiskan Al-Quran. Ramadhan ni buka banyak peluang untuk aku buat amal , tambah-tambah pahala sunat dah macam pahala wajib, tu yang jadi tamak, kang tak menyempat nak merasa bulan "SALE" sebegini rupa tahun depan.
 Realizing just how much fortune one has, and how it is wasted in daily routine.
 So, what about you? What does Ramadhan mean to you? Or what makes a Ramadhan a Ramadhan?

2 annotations:

Unknown

ramadhan kalau waktu cuti lagi best dari ramadhan time sem bukak...

eesyaheera

Ramadhan kat rumah lagi banyak buat ibadat dari duduk kat rumah sewa. Entah lah, maybe sebab tengok mak banyak mengaji jadi segan. Hihi. Kalau kat puncak alam, asyik nak berbuka kat luar lepas tu lagha. Tak tarawih. Ishhh, teruk betul aku