Buscar

Páginas

Satira 19 April (bahagian 1)

Ditulis semasa dalam perjalanan ke Pulau Pinang.

Aku sumpah ini fiksyen semata.

Location: In front of DK 6

Time: 9.20 am

Today is an important day to me. In about ten minutes, my life is about to change forever. Like, forever forever. I read my slides for one last time, see if I could find any typos, or if I accidentally inserted James Franco’s photos in my slides.

Clean check. No typos, and no any inappropriate photos of James Franco either. Not that any of his photos are inappropriate. Duh.

It’s 9.30 am now. I take a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale, and inhale again. Imagine the oxygen move from my nostrils down to trachea before dancing towards the alveoli. Imagine also the same oxygen squeezing themselves to get into the bloodstream, before eventually bind to the haemoglobin.

Le sigh.

“Nurul Ain!” It feels like an electric shock, I swear. I turn around slowly and about the same time my urinary bladder starts ticking so hard. Dr Miza is standing at the door and beckoning me to come inside. I feel like I want to pee so bad, like the cholinergic effect has taken its toll on me but ethics won’t allow me to pee in front of my supervisor. I have to decide. Quick!

Pee or act cool and follow Dr Miza to DK 6. I choose the latter. Phew.

Here they are. These are favourite lecturers. Prof Aishah, Dr Miza, Mr Hisyam and Mrs Noreen (not necessarily in that order). My Hisyam and Mrs Noreen are always together. Why o why?

“So Nurul Ain, you can present your slides now” Prof Aishah smiles to me. I know she could not wait to hear and see or basically experience the awesomeness of my presentation. I am just afraid it might be too much for her anticipation since I am really good. I knew about morphine sustained release tablet and palliative care, remember? Do you REMEMBER Bejan?

I inhale again and the same mechanism in paragraph 3 occurs. 

“Well, ladies and gentlemen. As I dim the light, please hold hands and concentrate as we are about to experience the most awesome presentation in the world and there will be a short quiz after my presentation”

They start holding hands. It is remarkable that they really know how to please me. The pee moment has somehow vanished into the air and I start reading my first slide, about the anti-proliferative effect of the extracts of a weird plant. I could not reveal the name of the plant, just because I like to keep it as a secret. Well, you know what they say; a secret makes a woman a woman.

I move along to slide number 2, throwing in awesome information on three types of cells  which will be used and a tad on cell culture. I could see that Dr Miza is wiping her tears, I know I know. I am that good.

Bakal bersambung...

0 annotations: